SHOULD I STORE MY PRODUCTS IN THE REFRIGERATOR?
Our products do not need refrigeration. We recommend storing them covered, in a cool, dry place, away from sunlight. Only if you live in an area that is excessively humid and hot, do we suggest storing them in the refrigerator to prevent them from getting damaged.
Some products (the Hamamelis, Neroli and Rosa Damascena Tonic, the Aloe Vera, the Elixir VLU and the facial cream with precious oils) have an anti-inflammatory effect when applied cold to the face, so you can keep them cold for the benefit of your skin.
WHAT DO YOU USE TO PRESERVE THE PRODUCTS? ARE CONSERVATIVES BAD?
We use two different preservatives depending on the formulation of the product. One is Leucidal, a radish ferment that contains peptides with high nutritional value for the skin, and grapefruit seed extract. Both preservatives are 100% natural and approved by ECOCERT for use in organic cosmetics.
Preservatives are necessary in almost all products to keep them free of bacteria and/or microorganisms that can cause harm. You have to read the labels of everything you consume carefully to choose those that contain safe preservatives.
ARE YOUR PRODUCTS VEGAN AND CRUELTY FREE?
We are certified by PETA in the VEGAN AND CRUELTY FREE program. Our products are 100% free of ingredients of animal origin and derivatives. We also do not test on animals.
You can check more about our certification at:
ARE YOUR PRODUCTS ORGANIC?
We only use ingredients of certified organic origin. Our ingredients have different certifications issued by different international institutions such as: ECOCERT, VEGECERT, USDA ORGANIC, SAGARPA, etc.
In Mexico, organic certification is still difficult since an organization specialized in finished cosmetic products is not yet well regulated as such, although it is possible to find it in the agricultural sector, so all the ingredients we use of Mexican origin have organic certification issued by SAGARPA.
DO YOUR PRODUCTS CONTAIN CHEMICALS?
Everything in the universe is chemistry: water, air, earth, our body, and even our skin, so it would be a lie to say that we are free of chemistry. What our products do NOT contain are toxic chemicals and synthetic ingredients.
Some products require the use of chemical ingredients of natural origin that offer a benefit that cannot be obtained with raw ingredients (such as the cleaning that a shampoo offers). Our solid shampoos, for example, contain sodium cocoyl isethionate, a coconut-derived surfactant. All the ingredients that our products contain are 100% safe and approved by ECOCERT for use in organic and natural cosmetics.
WHAT DISTINGUISHES YOUR NATURAL COSMETICS PROPOSAL?
We believe that there are several aspects that distinguish us:
1. We design our formulas without synthetic ingredients, which is a really interesting challenge. Industrial cosmetic products are so popular for obvious reasons: ease of use, their delicious aromas, their immediate (not exactly long-lasting) effects. These ingredients have many benefits for the industry: they work temporarily and are very cheap, despite being harmful to our body and offering instant results that disappear when we stop using the product.
At Agua de Nube we set ourselves the task of doing things differently, for the health of your skin, your hair, your body and the environment. We decided to use processed ingredients to a minimum, and make our formulas with 100% raw and virgin ingredients, with the exception of some that, due to their specific function, must contain a small percentage of processed ingredients certified by ECOCERT (for example, sunscreen, shampoos, solids, facial shampoo and liquid shampoo).
One of our biggest challenges was to design a cream without all the ingredients that a cream normally has (to thicken, stabilize, make it creamy, with a pleasant smell, moisturizing, nourishing, light, etc.) and we did it! Our precious oil cream is a 100% raw cream made with virgin ingredients, delicious and with amazing results. And for each of our products we have a similar success story.
2. We are pioneers in Mexico in the use of microalgae (such as astaxanthin and phycocyanin). We use microalgae directly from live organic crops with the maximum of antioxidants and nutrients, biologically compatible with our skin cells.
3. We are focused on being a line of high-end cosmetics designed in Mexico with the highest quality standards, taking advantage of the wealth and resources of our region with spectacular ingredients of national origin.
4. We minimized the use of plastic in our containers, prioritizing aluminum and glass.
5. Our processes are sustainable. By prioritizing manual work, we achieved a very considerable reduction in energy and fuel.
6. Our raw materials are certified as fair trade. This means that all the people who work in obtaining, extracting and processing our ingredients work under fair working conditions and are paid according to international fair trade standards.
7. We make sure that all the ingredients in our products are free of toxins from the source (including pesticides and fertilizers). The only way to guarantee this is by acquiring raw materials certified as organic by different international organizations.
8. We are a 100% vegan and cruelty-free line. We believe that in the search for our personal care we should not harm any animal, for this reason we do not test on animals nor do we use ingredients of animal origin or their derivatives in our formulas (lanolin, honey, beeswax, milk, glycerin, etc. .)
We are certified by PETA under the Cruelty Free and Vegan program and you can check it at: https://www.mediapeta.com/peta/PDF/companiesdonttest.pdf
HOW CAN I DESIGN MY SKIN CARE ROUTINE?
We believe that regardless of skin type, skin has needs and it is these needs that we should focus on when designing our skin care routine. Our products are formulated to be food, so all skin types benefit from the nutrients in each product, although we are happy to help you customize your routine according to your lifestyle and the specific needs of your skin.
You can find a detailed description of each product in our online store that you can use as a reference, you can also write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat in our online store for personalized advice.
WHO MANUFACTURES THE SCOURERS, BRUSHES, COSMETICS BAGS AND ACCESSORIES?
We seek to support different communities in Mexico, through the sale of handmade accessories by indigenous groups from different regions of the country.
It is very common to find various products of this nature on the market at a price that is not consistent with the labor and raw material used. We look for agreements that truly benefit the communities, working under a fair trade scheme; that is to say, paying the FAIR value for their work, considering everything that the elaboration of their crafts implies.
In our social networks we frequently share stories of these communities. Any questions or concerns you may have write to us at email@example.com and we will gladly share more information with you.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO DISTRIBUTE YOUR PRODUCTS?
Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will gladly send you information.
WHAT DO I DO WITH MY EMPTY CONTAINERS?
If you are in Guadalajara and have empty containers, write to us at email@example.com.
For the rest of Mexico, we are working to soon have a container reuse program. Unfortunately, at this time, the environmental impact of sending packaging to our offices is greater than its benefit, so we suggest you find new uses for your packaging and recycle it. For this reason, we minimize the use of plastic, we use mostly aluminum and glass, and we integrate a zero waste line (residue-free), such as our solid shampoos and conditioners.
Upload ideas and tips on how you have reused your containers to share it with the rest of our Agua de Nube community on your Instagram stories.
DO YOU HAVE THE CORRESPONDING SANITARY PERMITS?
The answer to this question should be obvious, but considering the number of brands that work in Mexico without regulation... we understand the concern: Yes, our brand and all its products have their corresponding certificate issued by COFEPRIS.